Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix Drill/impact driver deal

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:37:58 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

You have two screw drivers without PZ/PH markings. How do you know
which is the pozi one *without* checking the fit?

You look at the sides.. the pozi has parallel faces and the philips has
tapered faces.

That is not quite as clear as...

The extra corner nicks in the screw head are to clear the bits left by
the grinder on the screwdriver blade, although with modern manufacturing
methods you don't always get those leftovers on the blades these days.

I've yet to see a PZ bit that didn't have the corner sections in. I was
under the impression that they were part of the design rather and a
manufacturing restriction.

--
Cheers
Dave.