D K Woods

Default Most dangerous tool in shop

On 27 Aug 2003 14:23:22 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

D K Woods writes:
But I still think the potential for severe (not frequent) damage puts it
among the safer tools...well, power tools at least. *I* don't have
anything else with a 3/4 hp motor that safe, at least....

Then you've never been hit in the head by a 10lb piece of oak
travelling at 50mph.

I've never put a forstner bit through my hand, either, but I'm sure it's
happened at one time or another. All tools are dangerous, given the proper
circumstances.

My sympathy if you are talking from experience. That doesn't sound pretty.

david
--
It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English -- up to 50 words used in correct context -- no human being