Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

In article ,
George wrote:

Today, the biggest rule, by far and away, is that one does NOT
work off the clock. Management is adamant about it. There are

large (bilingual) signs at each time clock forbidding working
unless clocked-in.

So do the signs reach out and prevent this or are they there for show?

What part of "Management is adamant about it" don't you understand?

I had clocked-out once and, while on my way out of the store,
encountered my Assistant Manager. *I* stopped and spoke with him about
my work schedule. We chatted for about five minutes. Prior to going on
my way, he asked if I was "on the clock". When I told him I had
clocked-out, he advised that I should go to personnel and have my time
CORRECTED as I would have otherwise worked off the clock. That's good
enough to convince me that they are serious about the issue.

Walmart is extremely accommodating with merchandise returns
and other customer concerns.

For good reason, it costs them almost nothing.

And it sure makes for good customer relations.

Ask any vendor how returns are handled. Someone can purchase an
item and literally destroy it and haul it back to the store.
Even though there were no defects Walmart simply dings the vendor
and makes them eat the cost.

Welcome to the (capitalist) party, pal.

No one is forcing a vendor to do business with anyone, Walmart included.

As for your contention that the customer can "literally destroy" the
product and get an easy return is simply untrue.

There are many returned products that have been simply opened and are
returned for various reasons. Given today's theft-resistant packaging,
it is nearly impossible to open a package without rendering it unsalable
should it be returned. Such returns (among others) are returned to the
vendor for repackaging. Defective merchandise is likewise returned - as
it is by ANY retailer.

A customer with a purchase older than 30 days, that has proven
defective, is directed to the manufacturer (vendor?) for warranty
adjustment. Walmart is not involved in these cases.

Merchandise that is obviously used or "virtually destroyed" is not
accepted as a return, even for in-store credit.
--

JR