Posted to alt.home.repair
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

mm wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:15:52 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

And Walmart allows Salvation Army bell-ringers during the Chrismas season in
contrast to Target who has the Army's kettle thrown in the dumpster and the
bell-ringers beaten and arrested (I may be exaggerating here).

Maybe I'm naive, but I thought the stores that kept out bellringers
didnt' want to have to distinguish between the Salvation Ary and the
Moonies or whatever the competing group is.

Target regularly gives money to many charitable causes -- a certain
percent of their profits -- and charitable groups that fit within their
corporate charitable donation policies (children's groups, educational
groups, health and welfare groups, etc.) are welcome to ask for grants.
They do TONS for charitable causes -- veterans' hospitals, schools,
foster children, etc.