Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:

While an effort is made to get rid of walmarts, how about getting rid
of the
other department stores like sears, target, kmart, and also getting rid
of those nasty grocery supermarkets that have killed the local farmers'
markets?

You do know that Sears owns Kmart, right?

Uh, not exactly. The parent company of Kmart bought Sears, and then
changed their name to Sears. Sorta like Baby Bell SBC bought the
remnants of Ma Bell ATT, then renamed themselves ATT.

30 years from now, corporate genealogy students will have a hell of a
time, what with deals like this, and other historical companies selling
off product lines along with the rights to use the former company's
brand name on the product. (Makes me sad, to see the quality brand names
of my youth, *******ized into some crap Pacific Rim generic product.
When a brand name dies, they should give it a decent burial, IMHO, and
not deceive the public like that.)

--
aem sends...