Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

This relates closely to one post in this thread, but i don't know
which one.

The K-mart near me was one of the ones that closed, and 2 years or so
later, Home Depot bought it, and after a few months, tore it down and
built a HD.

Then there's another plaza where the supermarket closed, and a couple
other rather big stores, and then smaller ones until all that was left
were a few doctor's offices, and in a different building take-out
Chinese, a Christian book store, and a couple other little things. I
think someone bought the first building and forced the doctors to
leave, and the story in the city or n'hood newspaper was a couple
years ago that Wal-mart is coming. No trace of it yet, and a few more
places in the second building are vacant now. Even the take-out
place isn't always open and when it is, it closes at 9. I think
walmart has bought the property, but they're not doing anything.