Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:47:20 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Jim Redelfs wrote:

Walmart ran afoul of wage and hour requirements YEARS ago when it was
revealed that SOME workers had worked off the clock. It is unclear
whether the workers were pressured by management to do so.

Also hardly WM the only one trying to sneak by. I have worked at a
couple hospitals over the years where most of the nurses got a nice
"bonus" because we were expected to sign out on time yet also get our
work done.

Now I'm totally confused. Quotes around bonus like it doesn't mean
bonus but then what does it mean? You signed out on time, did some
of your work after signing out, and then got extra money? Or extra
work? You're too subtle for me.

Today, the biggest rule, by far and away, is that one does NOT work off
the clock. Management is adamant about it. There are large (bilingual)
signs at each time clock forbidding working unless clocked-in.

and a majority of responses on WM's side appeared to me
to defend WM by "blaming the victims" as opposed to
claiming that WM did not do such.

Walmart is extremely accommodating with merchandise returns and other
customer concerns. Still, there will always be the customer that is
dissatisfied regardless of any outcome.

Remember, also, there are those that, not too much unlike shoplifters,
will intentionally take advantage of Walmart's liberal customer
satisfaction policies.

My wife was mistreated by a returns Associate as was my son-in-law - the
latter over a mere package of moldy pita bread. Much depends on the
Associate with whom the customer is dealing and how much experience and
training that Associate has had.

As in it's been quite a few years since
I bought anything from them.

That's too bad. It is a great place to work and shop.

JR
WM Associate