Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:26:45 -0700 (PDT), RickH
wrote:

said anything. *Well, every bowling alley I've ever seen has been in
the suburbs or near the suburbs. * I've lived IN the city for 18
years, and I don't remember any bowling alleys. *Of course things

Obviously you've never been to Chicago or Milwaukee.

I lived in Chicago for 6 years, and I thought about it, but could only
remember the two lane alley in the basement of Ida Noyes Hall.

I suppose there were bowling alleys, but I can't remember any from
1964 to 1970, and I drove a cab for a year, all over the city. Plus
I had a car for 3 years, although I never went bowling.