Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:18:55 -0500, HeyBub
wrote:
"[PLAINFIELD, Penn] Walt Neidlinger spent years trying to keep a
Wal-Mart-anchored shopping complex from being built...

"The traffic would have been suffocating for their little community,
neighbors argued, so when the massive retailer and its partners
packed up their plans and left ... Neidlinger was ecstatic. He
figured he'd wait for the next plan to come along and remembers
thinking, 'What could be worse than Wal-Mart?'

WalMart is simply a progression in large department stores and people
hate seeing their success.

It's called "Walmart Derangement Syndrome".

--
Dave