Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:18:55 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
"[PLAINFIELD, Penn] Walt Neidlinger spent years trying to keep a
Wal-Mart-anchored shopping complex from being built...

"The traffic would have been suffocating for their little community,
neighbors argued, so when the massive retailer and its partners packed up
their plans and left ... Neidlinger was ecstatic. He figured he'd wait for
the next plan to come along and remembers thinking, 'What could be worse
than Wal-Mart?'

WalMart is simply a progression in large department stores and people
hate seeing their success.

While an effort is made to get rid of walmarts, how about getting rid of the
other department stores like sears, target, kmart, and also getting rid
of those nasty grocery supermarkets that have killed the local farmers'
markets?

Nah. Just get rid of walmart. ****ing hypocrisy. Get rid of them and
the next largest department store will replace them.