Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Is this wall going to fall down thanks to Anglian Windows?

"DM" wrote in message

About 25% of the houses in our street suffer a similar problem. They all
have a window arrangement that goes around the corner of the house and
after getting replacement windows show signs of damaged brickwork and a
4ft crack down the front of the house between upstairs and down stairs
windows due to bricks moving as they are now no longer adequately
supported at the corner. These were probably done 10years ago and none
has resulted in any serious structural damage to my knowledge.

My bay window has PVC coated steel tubes in the corners to support the roof.
It can't cost much extra to do a proper support like this.