Dave Plowman

Default Managing house extensions

In article ,
Dave wrote:
We're about to get some building work done involving the usual mix of
groundwork, brickwork, roofing, windows, plastering, plumbing,
decorating and electrics. I know that if I just get a builder to "do it"
I'll be paying OTT for the various trades but am unsure about whether to
manage it myself and bring in the trades as needed. Has anyone any
experience of doing this or any advice?

Unless you're experienced at co-ordinating this sort of project, you're
likely to get taken to the cleaners by the workmen if you try to organize
it yourself.

Of course, you might get taken to the cleaners by the builder too, but
that's only one person to fight with.

It's really the job for a Clerk of Works - or in most domestic
applications an architect - if you know of a good one.

--
*i souport publik edekashun.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn