Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

On Aug 18, 4:18*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[PLAINFIELD, Penn] Walt Neidlinger spent years trying to keep a
Wal-Mart-anchored shopping complex from being built...

"The traffic would have been suffocating for their little community,
neighbors argued, so when the massive retailer and its partners packed up
their plans and left ... Neidlinger was ecstatic. He figured he'd wait for
the next plan to come along and remembers thinking, 'What could be worse
than Wal-Mart?'

"Over the past year, Neidlinger says, he's gotten an answer: RPM
Recycling -- the metal-shredding plant on the same land -- causes daily
noise that sounds like a freight train rumbling down the street, and
frequent explosions that shake his walls."

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...,5038048.story

Women LOVE WalMart, I know I cant say anything bad about WalMart
around my wife. Women expect value and low prices and they get that
from Wal Mart. Men on the other hand have the luxury to be
idealistic, union loyal, anti-chinese activists, or whatever concept
floats their political boat, etc. Whereas most women just want to
make the family budget function properly, and Wal Mart lets them
accomplish that. For most towns a Wal Mart is a boon to the local
economy, because soon after they open, many other smaller retailers
and restaurants will infill the area creating economic growth.
Chicago union-strapped politicos have kept Wal Mart out of the poor
black neighborhoods, against the will of the poor residents. Well
those residents are still suffering with no place to buy fresh
produce, or much of anything else for that matter, and a serious lack
of local jobs.