Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

wrote in message news:f22af8fa-4d25-460e-8a36-
A high school buddy who is in management at a large food chain tells
me wallmart intentionally makes zero profit on groceries, they use it
as bait to get customers in the door to buy everything else. this
makes them tough competition for food stores......
certinally their grocery prices are low

However, while they are lower than any of the other "chain" stores around
here, I will never buy any meat there. The prices at WalMart are nearly
double what the local butcher shop (family owned, one store) charges. Since
we low-carb, meat is our major food expense. The butcher shop sells boneless
chicken breasts for $1.69/lb every Wednesday and whole ribeyes for $5.29/lb
every day. WalMart is not even close. Plus, the breasts are bigger and we
can cut the ribeye into 1.5" thick steaks instead of those whingy little
things WalMart sells.