Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is this wall going to fall down thanks to Anglian Windows?

In article ,
mike writes:
Thanks for all the advice so far, guys.

I just phoned the BCO. He said that as Anglian are FENSA registered
they can self-certify and essentially tell you any old **** if you
challenge them. However since this is a 12 foot span, 10 courses, 6mm
gap he'll be out within the hour to see if they've created a dangerous
structure.

Suggest you take some pictures too.

I'll keep you posted.

From the nearest internet cafe? ;-)

By the way, I would insist on the dropped section being rebuilt
(using the original bricks, unless you can source identical ones).
A large repointed triangle above a window, even if by chance it
was deemed structurally sound, would certainly put me off such a
house, and likely detract from the value. However, sounds like
it's only hanging on by the wall ties. Any sign of the inner
wall doing the same? The inner wall of a cavity will is usually
the more structural of the two.

--
Andrew Gabriel