Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell[_3_] Steven Campbell[_3_] is offline

Default Is this wall going to fall down thanks to Anglian Windows?

wrote in message

Your initial legal threat should be for every penny you can justify or
make them think a sympathetic court might award if youre lucky. And be
sure to include all costs, including legal, and the surveyor/engineer
drawing up of the works to be carried out. Everything, cost your time
too, every detail.

The other point is that since this is a major chain, they stand to
lose a lot more if you shout about it than they would through a court
case, so you may find that your statement of being very peed off and
inteending to post all this all voer the place might actually have
more effect. Standing on the public pavement outside a branch telling
potential customers whats going on is also a very effective way of
motivating a company to address your complaints, can cost them a lot
of business.

NT

PS this info is worth what you paid for it, - but do let us know if
you get arrested

******************************

I remember buying a car from a garage and was promised the earth before I
parted with my cash. After finding numerous faults, the garage were very
reluctant to repair them but done so out of the "goodness of their heart".

After this the car broke down 3 times all within the first week of buying it
and the garage refused to repair it, basically told me to p*ss off!! I
eventually got it going and went straight to the garage and parked over
their drive and told them I wasn't moving until they at least acknowledged
the problem. They refused and phoned the police. Police came and told me to
roll the car forward 3 feet to clear their drive but I was more than welcome
to stay and protest at their gates.

It only took their first prospective customer to appear and for me to tell
them how I'd been treated for the garage to agree to sort my car, which
turned out to be a mixture of immobiliser, batteries and alternator.

Steven.