Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Walt Neidlinger spent years trying to keep a
Wal-Mart-anchored shopping complex from being built...

'What could be worse than Wal-Mart?'

"Over the past year, Neidlinger says, he's gotten an answer: RPM
Recycling -- the metal-shredding plant on the same land -- causes daily
noise that sounds like a freight train rumbling down the street, and
frequent explosions that shake his walls."

Proving yet again: Be careful. You might get what you're asking for.

It's a lead pipe cinch that Walmart would NOT have permitted a recycling
plant to be built next door.

All those jobs, all that tax base - gone. (Never was.) Too bad.

sigh
JR