BigWallop

Default Connecting jets, shower arm direct to pipe

"SpamTrapSeeSig" wrote in message
news
In article , BigWallop
writes

"SpamTrapSeeSig" wrote in message

snipped

Would it be possible for you to type in here what they actually say in

the
instruction booklet ? Just to make sure. :-))

What instruction booklet? I was referring to the blurb on the Screwfix
site (I didn't make that too clear - sorry). The Grohe fittings I have
are probably identical to the ones in question, as I don't think they
make many variants (of these little jets). They don't come with
instructions, neither did the shower head chromed pipe.

My point was that cast iron is possibly not a good choice over brass in
this context, because of corrosion, rust stains, etc. Also, most CI
fittings are tapered thread, and I think parallel is correct here.

YMMV - please explain if so, as I'm interested too.

Cheers,

Simonm.

Not with you at all now. (?) The fitting you have is a Grohe Shower head
fitting ? If it is the one that screws to a fitting sticking out the wall,
then it will fit to a brass 1/2'' BSP female threaded fitting.

http://www.grohe-ag.de/catalogue/uk/...s/Z2802201.jpg

Or am I getting the story all wrong ?

---
BigWallop