Posted to alt.home.repair
darcijj darcijj is offline

Default Self-stick vinyl tiles on wall

darcijj had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ll-303579-.htm
:
John, did you try this? I was thinking of doing this in the area around
the bath tub. I laid a vinyl peel & stick floor in my mud room. To keep
the tiles from coming up with the moisture, I put down a vinyl adhesive..
waited until it was tacky.. put down the tile and then caulked the seams..
I was thinking this would work around the bathtub too..

I have a window to go around and cutting around the fixtures would not be
easy for me if I put in a tub surround...

anyway.. just curious if it worked or not..

D.

-------------------------------------
John61 wrote:

In HomeDepot, I saw there are a variety of vinyl flooring tiles with
self-sticky adhesive on the back. We can just peel and press on. I
wonder if
they are suitable for use on bathroom wall around vanity. It's hard for
me
to DIY with ceramic tiles, but I think the vinyl tiles should be easy
handle, a few 12x12 pieces can cover around vanity. Need some advice.

Thanks.

John