Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Electral

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:29:16 -0400, metspitzer
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:01:42 GMT,
(emgrene) wrote:

emgrene had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...al-325490-.htm :

The way I tested it is a tester with the two probes and the small light. I
know very little about electral but felt like if it was just a switch I
could do that. But it appears it is more than that because I changed the
switch and it didn't change, The light is very bright when testing other
outlets.

Have you replaced the lamps in the fixture?

I helped a friend of mine test a wall switch for a new flood light he
had installed. When we were done, I thought he had installed it
right, and it only didn't light because he'd forgotten to screw a bulb
in, but he volunteered it was because of the 3 toggle switches next to
each other, he'd forgotten which one controlled that light.

(At least we interchanged two of the switches so it was easier to
remember which was which.)