Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Den[_3_] Den[_3_] is offline

Default Vacuum generator venturi - any made one?

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:21:09 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Den wrote:
I want to try putting together a quick vacuum generator that runs off
compressed air (run of an 8 gallon tank up to 130 PSI.

I'll be using it for desoldering so I think I want a reasonably strong
vacuum, but the volume is not all that high. It will probably be used in
"burst mode" - with a burst of vacuum for a few seconds being needed
intermittently.

A commercial unit is the "Ped-a-Vac", I think it has a 2-stage
venturi system, and gets a strong vacuum even with some leakage
at the tip. You might look on eBay for one.

Jon

Hell...check the second hand stores for a breast milk pump.

I picked up a really neat looking pump for desoldering..all chrome and
nicely made...and when I got it home..the ex asked what I was doing
with a breast milk pumping unit....blink blink....is that what it
is??????

Gunner, who keeps a speculum on the coffee table to embaress guys and
make their wives laugh their asses off at them.

Some shiny clear acrylic speculums appeared as "ice tongs" at a birthday
party many years ago. Pretty much all of the guys were oblivious to what
they were and they had a hard time loading ice into their drinks.

PS - they were new & unused.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.