Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison[_2_] Phil Addison[_2_] is offline

Default DIY FAQ & Wiki

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:40:57 -0700 (PDT), in uk.d-i-y
wrote:

Phil's pdf looks like a great start. Personally I'd like to limit the
depth of the levels, and probably not list any individual articles but
end up directing the user to the applicable wiki category. More or
less everything on that list has a wiki category, and new cats can
always be created.

See my comments to DL's post.

Phil I can dl your doc file no prob, but opening it things go wrong.
If you wanted to post it in plain text I'd be happy to work on it, see
if we can move toward the finished article.

The pdf content is identical to a plain text dump, but I have done a
fair bit of work on it since that outline which is a few years old. I'll
hopefully complete a new version over the next couple of days and see
what you think of it.

Rather than downloading the doc, I just dbl-click on the url and it
opens in word; you might get better luck with that, otherwise I can mail
you the current in-work version. If d/l-ing it you have to treat it as a
binary file not txt, maybe thats the prob. I prolly have my puter setup
for firefox to open docs in word rather than wordpad.

Phil