Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vacuum generator venturi - any made one?

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:21:09 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Den wrote:
I want to try putting together a quick vacuum generator that runs off
compressed air (run of an 8 gallon tank up to 130 PSI.

I'll be using it for desoldering so I think I want a reasonably strong
vacuum, but the volume is not all that high. It will probably be used in
"burst mode" - with a burst of vacuum for a few seconds being needed
intermittently.

A commercial unit is the "Ped-a-Vac", I think it has a 2-stage
venturi system, and gets a strong vacuum even with some leakage
at the tip. You might look on eBay for one.

Jon

Hell...check the second hand stores for a breast milk pump.

I picked up a really neat looking pump for desoldering..all chrome and
nicely made...and when I got it home..the ex asked what I was doing
with a breast milk pumping unit....blink blink....is that what it
is??????

Gunner, who keeps a speculum on the coffee table to embaress guys and
make their wives laugh their asses off at them.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.