Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
NoOne@Home NoOne@Home is offline

Default Vacuum generator venturi - any made one?

"Den" wrote in message
I want to try putting together a quick vacuum generator that runs off
compressed air (run of an 8 gallon tank up to 130 PSI.

I'll be using it for desoldering so I think I want a reasonably strong
vacuum, but the volume is not all that high. It will probably be used in
"burst mode" - with a burst of vacuum for a few seconds being needed
intermittently.

Heaps of googling and patent searching has turned up lots of commercial
products and on or two water powered vacuum generators but not much in the
way of pneumatic ones.

I'm hoping for a real quick & simple design - any build one or point me to
some plans?

thanks
D.

I just use the venturi effect on an air brush, connect a small hose to the
spiggot that usually sits in the little glass jar. I just let the compressor
cycle on and off when it drops pressure.

For bagging I use ziplock, with some Blutack to seal the hose and bag
properly. Recently I lashed out on a pair of automotive brake hose clamps to
close off the vacuum hose.