Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Vacuum generator venturi - any made one?

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:29:21 +0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Den" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
They're noisy, wasteful, and don't suck as well as they should.

But don't reinvent the wheel when models are available:
(I'll believe 28.3" of mercury when I see it.)

Better yet, go carbon:

http://tinyurl.com/5susk7 or http://tinyurl.com/6crtmm

Unfortunately I'm downunder - surplus stuff is hard to come by & we don't
have a harbour freight!

Ouch! Shipping to/from AU really sucks since everyone doing it adds a
quintuple charge to do so. I thought you had a store like HFT down
there, though. From what I've gleaned here and on the Wreck a few
years ago, much of our HFT/Northern stuff is available in Canada at
Crappy Tire or Princess Auto. I could have sworn that you had a
similar outlet there. How about eBay.au?

You guys in the states (well some of you at least) seem pretty lucky having
access to surplus gear & stores like harbour freight.

Amen to that. We're triply blessed with Surplus Center, Northern, and
HFT.

Speakni of surplus, I just saw today's www.WOOT.com offering: A
recertified 750GB SATA/300 hard drive for $77.77 + $5 s/h. 750GB on a
3.5" form factor drive. UFR!

I paid $300 for my first hard drive, a 20MB Seagate.

--
Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity.
Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.