Swingman

Default Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions)

Sorry if I confused you ... yes, your mortise would certainly be less than
1" wide in the leg.

Tradition calls for 1/3 the width of the piece in which the tenon is cut ...
in your example, this would equate to 1/3".

In actual practice these days you generally base it on the size of one of
your mortising chisels.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/24/03

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message

I'm still confused on one thing:

If the stiles are 1" thick, and I don't want the mortises to show, they
would have to be SOME dimension LESS than an inch. I must have used the
wrong terms in my previous post...