Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default ? about replacing underlayment

David Nebenzahl wrote in
s.com:

Situation: Kitchen floor, linoleum tile over particle board--bad
choice!--why? because the leaky water heater (since replaced) caused
the underlayment to buckle, and it now needs to be removed.

Problem: Underlayment apparently runs under the sink counter.

Question: What tool would one use to cut the underlayment around the
bottom of the counter? There's an overhang over the front. I'm
guessing some kind of "zero clearance" saw, but am not familiar with
these.

What would a pro do?

I suspect a pro would do it right and say the cabinet has to come out to
do it right.

But since they wanna do it on the cheap, you would still require pro
tools. I have no idea of the cost but I suspect a lotta bucks.

"Crain makes power saws for undercutting along walls, door jambs, and
even under toe spaces to tear out underlayment."

http://www.craintools.com/fs-specialtysaws.html