Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT Click and Clack

mm wrote:
When they have a follow-up, where they call someone who they gave
advice to, they make all these statements that they haven't talked to
him in advance, etc. Is there some legal reason for that? They
don't charge for their answers, so this can't be protecting anyone
from fraud, but maybe there is now some general rule that even those
who don't charge money have to obey??

It's just part of the running gag of the show's...

I like the show. In the last 15 years, it hasn't given as many
technical answers as ...I forget his name....he has a show on PBS
about cars, but not about how to repair them. He used to have the
best show, in DC, about how to repair them. One syllable last name,
and maybe one syllable first name too. His show was great for
repairs, but some auto repair shows make mistakes.

No clue--PBS here hasn't enough money for but one or two of the
"high-priced spread" and a car show ain't it. We're usually very lucky
to get NOVA in the same it is first aired and Business Evening Daily.

It would be pretty doggone tough to _never_ make a mistake even in the
garage what more on a call-in show. C&C are pretty good at what they do
besides the running jokes, etc., ...