Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Replacing bathroom faucet question?

On Aug 16, 7:43*pm, Speedy Jim wrote:
Joe B. wrote:
I am replacing my bathroom faucets. *I've done this before, but this time I
can't seem to budge the nuts on the bottom of the old faucet handles.
There's barely enough room to get any of my wrenches on there, but when I do
I can't seem to get them turning. *Is there any tool that I can use that
would make this job easier or am I going to have to take the counter top off
in order to get this done? *Thanks.

Joe

* * If the nuts are old, corroded zinc ones, even the
* * basin wrench may not budge them.

* * In that case, chuck a long drill bit in the drill
* * and drill a couple of holes in the edge of the nut.
* * Don't worry about damaging the faucet threads.

* * When the drill has weakened the nut enough, the
* * nut can be split or pried apart.

Jim

Either that or a dremmel never leaves my case good for toilet bolts
too .