Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MagicJack question

On 8/16/2008 4:07 PM Mark Lloyd spake thus:

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:54:54 -0400, metspitzer
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 15:11:33 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

And I would have the computer doing something useful, like BOINC
(http://boinc.berkeley.edu/) rather than just sitting around waiting
for you to use the phone.

BTW, BOINC is good about getting out of the way when you want to use
the computer yourself.

Or you could use it for SETI.

SETI is one of many scientific projects available for BOINC.

They just found bigfoot in Georgia.

That would be YETI@home , here's a link: http://www.phobe.com/yeti/.

Funny; last night on the local news (the "Bigfoot" crap was announced in
a hotel down here in Palo Alto), one station ran a quick debunking of
this whole "Yeti" nonsense by Seth Shostak, one of the SETI scientists.

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".