Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default ST Part, what is it?

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 02:41:24 -0700 (PDT),
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Sorry to thread hijack - we've made some changes to the
DatasheetArchive to allow fulltext searching of all datasheets. It
enables engineers to find a part number from a basic spec and
manufacturer name.

Let me know what you think of this feature. Its new, looking for some
feedback.

Chris

First let me thank you for a valuable resource. However, I really miss
your old wildcard search. Nowadays you can only search for "part*"
whereas before you could search for anything containing "part". This
severely hampers searches for ST MOSFETs, for example. These devices
usually drop the ST prefix which now makes them impossible to find in
your database.

One other gripe is that there is no contact information on your web
site which explains why you've come here for feedback. Thirdly, I
would like some way of contributing my own datasheets to your
database, or at least inform you of their existence. And how about a
"most wanted" feature so that users could help each other?

- Franc Zabkar