Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin Grant Erwin is offline

Default old VS 15" drill press?

Wes wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:

There's an old Dayton-branded 15" VS drill press for sale in my area. I
paid $20 for an option on it for a week. I called Grainger and they said
they have nothing on it now but that it was made by Wilton, they couldn't
tell me when.

Sounds similar to one I offered $250 for when a widow asked me to price her deceased
husbands tools. I bid 250 on it at auction. Only one other bidder, he won, 250 is what I
told her and what I was willing to bid. Might go a few bucks higher now, inflation you
know.

Check out the varidrive system. They can be rebuilt you know. I've been doing it on my
lathe.

The lady's son sold it despite the lady having taken my money and agreed on
a price.

She's going to send back my money.

I don't care beans about old Dayton DPs now, thanks anyway.

Grant