Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Magic Jack and a power hub

Leroy wrote:
George wrote:

As I said before can you remember any of the free or cheap ISPs that had
an ad driven model?

MJ is not an ISP. And as I said before, many companies offer
services that are funded by ads including radio, tv, google,
yahoo, and tens of thousands of websites. Just what is your
point? Do you think MJ is destined to fail, is illegal, immoral,
or fattening because it plans to supplement income with ads? Just what
is your objection, if any?

Leroy

I never claimed they were an ISP but their business model is very
similar to what the "free" and "cheap" ISPs had. You paid a lower rate
because theoretically the ads that you were required to watch would pay
the difference. They are also similar because unlike tv for example
there is additional cost for the provider with each subscriber because
they have to assign a phone number and there is cost to place calls
especially off of their own network that increases with use.