Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Den[_3_] Den[_3_] is offline

Default Vacuum generator venturi - any made one?

"David Billington" wrote in message
Den wrote:
I want to try putting together a quick vacuum generator that runs off
compressed air (run of an 8 gallon tank up to 130 PSI.

I'll be using it for desoldering so I think I want a reasonably strong
vacuum, but the volume is not all that high. It will probably be used in
"burst mode" - with a burst of vacuum for a few seconds being needed
intermittently.

Heaps of googling and patent searching has turned up lots of commercial
products and on or two water powered vacuum generators but not much in
the way of pneumatic ones.

I'm hoping for a real quick & simple design - any build one or point me
to some plans?

thanks
D.

I've not made one before but have used the likes of this
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...ct&R=289542 8 ,
Cheap and seemed to work well for the purpose which was to draw the air
from a bell jar for vacuum de-aerating some silicon moulding material.
Hope that helps or do you specifically want to make one.

I'm a cheap skate - good link but, it's available from the distributor in my
part of the world too. At that price it's not worth the effort of trying to
make something. Other commercial units I found were 3 or 4 times this price.
Thanks - I need something else from RS, I might just expand the order...