Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

Default PC antivirus software question

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 07:49:13 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

RLM wrote:

Basically the computer has to have the house fall on it to ruin it
but the software will work if I can salvage just the hard drive. I
don't use it as
a windows server so I don't need virus software because we both know
the true key is a unique password that protects /, and a proper
firewall. (c;\=

Isn't that right Dan?

Just keep on truckin', dude. I wish you well.

Ignore the fact that the most destructive virus in the history of computing
involved Unix (Linux) operating systems.

"Back in the day" when anyone that could operate the keyboard was the new
administrator like Windows has worked for years for most folks.
Is that what you're talking about?

If you had working knowledge of both current systems, I might listen.

Now all I can say is, I could teach it to you but I can't learn it for you.

I've used both systems and have both running on different boxes in the house.
Have a laptop that is still dual boot.

Wife uses Windows and maintains it well.
We have used Knoppix Linux to remove a bug though. It runs from a CD.

I'm doing great! Thanks.