Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Approx. cost of asphalt overlay

On Aug 13, 11:30�am, Don Tuttle wrote:
My original message:I have an asphalt driveway. I am considering an asphalt

overlay/resurfacing of typical thickness. What would be an approximate
cost per sq ft for this, assuming a sound base and relatively
problem-free installation? Just the ballpark is all I am after.
I do �not want to remove/replace, nor do I want concrete.

Thanks for all replies.

I would like to try my question again, with info I should have included
the first time.

I don't want to coat my present driveway. I want another layer of
asphalt laid on top of the present one. �Perhaps I should not have said
"resurfacing" which I now see could mean brushing/spraying on a new
surface topcoating.

The contractor who built my neighborhood decades ago installed this
driveway for his own house, so I assume it was done correctly. It is in
pretty good condition considering its age.

It is a long driveway. My rough estimate is 13,000 square feet. This
sounds to me like a sufficiently large project that somebody ought to
be interested in doing it.

Stratford1 was quoted "$1.25/sq ft for recap of 1400 sq ft
of existing driveway" a year ago. �Would, say, $1.50/sq ft be a very
rough approximation of what the cost might be today? About $20,000
(gulp) for the driveway?

Thanks to all.
Don

does it hve cracks? potholes? sinking or heaving areas?

just hy do you want to recoat it?