Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT Click and Clack

On Aug 14, 11:02*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/14/2008 5:14 PM mm spake thus:

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:51:42 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

From the Click & Clack t-shirt somebody gave me:

* Our studio repair technician is Sloan Cranky
* Our ethics director is Maura Lee Flexible
* Our director of grad school transportation is Iona Heap
* Our accounts payable administrator is Imelda Czechs
* Our assistant customer care representative is Kurt Reply
* Our Car Talk opera critic is Barbara Seville
* Our chairman of the federal lubrication board is Alan Greasepan
* Our staff bicycle tester is Maya Certz
* Our practical joke evaluator is Odessa Goodwyn

* *....

It's interesting how different this is from hearing it on the radio.

On the radio easier to figure out the joke meaning, and takes time to
figure out the spelling or even how the words are actually names.

In writing, every easy to figure out the names involved, like Maya
Certz or Odessa Goodwin, but without hearing them, harder to figure
out the joke.

I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure I even get one of them at all: the
last one, "And of course, our chief counsel, from the firm of Dewey,
Cheatham and Howe, is Hugh Louis Dewey". I *guess* that translates to
"You lose; do we?", but I'm not positive.

(By the way, I corrected the spelling of the law firm, which they had as
"Cheetham". No self-respecting Englishmun would ever spell that name
that way.)

--
* * * "In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
* will bomb the cities of Vietnam, defoliate the jungles, herd the

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".- Hide quoted text -

By the way, I corrected the spelling of the law firm, which they
had as "Cheetham".

No you didn't correct it, you changed it to an incorrect spelling.
Follow this link, also offered by Mr. Wisnia earlier today.

http://en.wikivisual.com/index.php/C...am.2C_and_Howe

Read what it says in the 3rd floor window.

Hugh Louis Dewey

Hugh Louis Dewey is known to his friends under the bar as Hughie Louie
Dewey, of Donald Duck fame.