Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Junction boxes and "accessibility"

Apropos another thread now running in Theater III ("Electrical Code
question:"accessibility"), let me pose this general question to all you
experts out the

Does the code (NEC) require that all junction boxes inside walls be
accessible? Or only certain ones? And why?

Let me first say that I have put junction boxes in walls that were not
accessible. Am I now guilty of a crime because of this?

Does this even make sense? Is the general idea that all such boxes be
accessible in case future additions or repairs become necessary?

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".