Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default MagicJack question

MagicJack suggests on their FAQ's that to save power you can
turn your monitor off and shut the hard drive down within the
control panel of your computer. I believe they are suggesting
the standby mode even though they don't say "standby"

Any ways my question is this. Instead of shutting the computer down
it would be nice to put the computer in standby during the night so
that calls could still be answered. However on my computer as long as
the USB MagicJack is plugged into the computer the computer refuses to
go into standby. Can you put your MagicJack equipped computer into
standby, or is it just me that can't?