Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff Grunff is offline

Default DIY FAQ & Wiki

Dave Liquorice wrote:

That is up to the people who manage the wiki, it's quite possible to have
a decent hierarchy with the use of categories and sub categories.

Take a look at http://wiki.ibs.org.uk/faq/index.php?title=Main_Page for
one with some semblance of order. (I do try an maintain that one).

While you've made a good navigational structure for the data within your
wiki (well done!), the fact remains that the way the data is stored is
inherently non-hirerarchical. There are no fixed relationships between
categories and articles other than those you have created in the
navigation system.

This goes against everything I know about data management, which is why
I dislike wikis.

--
Grunff