Steve

Default Places to buy lumber in the St. Louis area?

"James" wrote in message
I cant remember the name of the place. It was at Big Bend and I-44
(Meecham Park) There was a place in an old school building. The
school had several businesses in it. Custom hardware, cabinet shop,
hardwood. I do not remember the name or know if it is still there.
They tore down most of that area to get rid of the ghetto. Give me a
few days to check if it is still open. Sometimes they had great
lumber, sometimes it was pretty average.

I also recommend Woodcraft. Those guys are fantastic

That's Action Hardwood now (used to be West County Hardwood). The city
is going to try and turn the building into a community center but they
don't have much of a plan in place. He didn't want to get caught up in
the problems and decided the easiest thing to do would be to pack it in.
He's closing up and going to work for St. Charles Hardwood (on Gravois)
as a consultant of sorts.