Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Killing off a stump

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Decker
saying something like:

So, what is the best way to treat the roots, so they don't resprout. I
understand that ammonium sulphamate, which was sold as root out has
now been banned.

Common practice on farms round here is to drill a few 1" holes in the
stump and fill them up with fertiliser granules. In such concentration
it's a toxin, not a fertiliser.

To get rid of a stump drill a number of holes in it. Then repeatedly
fill with a strong saltpetre solution. After a while built a bonfire
over the stump, light and enjoy!