Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison[_2_] Phil Addison[_2_] is offline

Default DIY FAQ & Wiki

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:06:15 +0100 (BST), in uk.d-i-y "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 22:12:40 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Phil Addison wrote:

Its not structured though

As I've said before, I agree with Phil about this - I don't like the
lack of hierarchy in wikis.

That is up to the people who manage the wiki, it's quite possible to have
a decent hierarchy with the use of categories and sub categories.

Take a look at http://wiki.ibs.org.uk/faq/index.php?title=Main_Page for
one with some semblance of order. (I do try an maintain that one).

That's encouraging; and it does seem to give an approximation to a
structured look, though as far as I can tell your Wiki only has
sub-categories in the equipment section. Do you know if its possible to
make a sub-category list appear nested inside the parent category list,
and on the same page' as opposed to a separate page as both yours and
'ours' do?

(BTW Dave, it took me a while to realize your Wiki has nothing to do
with Irritable Bowel Syndrome!!)

To the actual authors of the DIY Wiki, do you have an opinion on this?

Phil