Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison[_2_] Phil Addison[_2_] is offline

Default DIY FAQ & Wiki

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:08:24 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Owain
wrote:

Phil Addison wrote:
The Wiki has got some good stuff in it now, but I see a problem in that
although one can find articles by searching, there is no mechanism for
browsing it in a structured way. To answer the question "What is in the
Wiki?" one has to visit every article in the contents list (actually
just an index) which itself is well hidden under "See Also" at the very
bottom of the Main Page. I know non-structuredness is inherent in Wikis,
but wouldn't it be possible to construct a structured Main Page
consisting of a hierarchical list containing links pointing to the
existing articles?

There is a Categories page at
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ial:Categories

Its not structured though

it might be made more prominent on the entry page though.

Yes

Phil