Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison[_2_] Phil Addison[_2_] is offline

Default DIY FAQ & Wiki

On 13 Aug 2008 08:22:55 GMT, in uk.d-i-y
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
Phil Addison writes:

[Was: DIY FAQ & Wiki - hosting migration]

I haven't been around for a while to do anything to the FAQ due to
family commitments, and wonder if its time for the FAQ to be integrated
into the Wiki somehow? Is that practical and does anyone feel like doing

You can't just fold it in - only the copyright owners can do that
as only they can change their copyright assignments to be suitable
for Wiki use.

The Wiki is held within the FAQ domain (diyfaq.org.uk), and the authors
have given over control to whoever maintains the FAQ - and in this case
there would be multiple maintainers, or you could consider it
self-maintaining (c.f. Faq-O-matic).

The FAQ has already changed from its original format of a linear
newsgroup posting to a re-edited website format. Is moving it to the
Wiki so different? It's certainly worth asking the original authors if
they have any objections though.

But first we need someone able to take on the task.

it? - I can't see me being able to do it in the near future. In fact is
there anyone willing to take on the FAQ editing/maintenance task too?

Phil

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/