Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] stickboy27@gmail.com is offline

Default permit inspections - thanks for all the replies

When we upgraded our electric panel for the house (which is located on
the outside of the garage) the electrical inspector wanted to see the
inside of the garage and my garage building permit...which was
completed and signed off 6 months earlier!. He also changed his mind
on how he wanted something completed half way through the inspection -
this ended up costing me an extra $500 in the end (I had a permit for
a attached garage...but he said it was detached...so it changed the
inerpretation of the electrical code.). The final straw was when the
power company called me at work and said " your power has been
disconnected...what do you want us to do now?" It seems the inspector
took it upon himself to call the power company and arrange my power to
be cut before my electrician was prepared for the transfer. The
inspector shouldn't even have been making that call.

Then again, I live in an area where a new door requires a permit.

SB