Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Long term gasoline storage

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:57:05 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a large gasoline tank, enough for two or more years
of use. Looking at the stabil product, they claim increasing fuel life (in
an engine) to 15 months.

Are there other things to increase fuel life? For example, will storage at a
constant 45 degrees help? What problems will old fuel cause?

Karl

I store my boat outdoors over winter with a full tank of stabilized
gasoline. The idea is to prevent condensation in the tank. Been
doing that for a decade now, no problems.