Ben Siders

Default was: Places to buy lumber in the St. Louis area?

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:20:47 +0000, Mike S. wrote:

We went up to St. Louis yesterday. We live in Jackon, Mo. just outside of
Cape Girardeau. Anyway went to Woodcraft and picked up the PC 12" Dovetail
jig, brass bushings and some finishing supplies. Got to play around with the
Leigh jig a little while wiping the slobber off my chin. Those guys are
always friendly, helpful and don't laugh at my stupid questions. Then
followed wife around TGMax. We was going to go to Rockler but it was just to
hot so we headed back out of town and stopped at Festus to load up on
slidders (for me, she hates them). Didn't know there were that many from
the rec that lived in St. Louis. Maybe sometime when I head up there several
of us could meet up somewhere for some lunch and some bull.

That'd be fun. I'm a total n00b but if I was available I'd show up for
some eats. I live about 3 blocks from that Woodcraft store, the guys in
there are super-friendly, super-helpful, and they're very patient with
newbie questions. We tried to find the Rockler up on the Rock Road and
couldn't figure out where it was. It was damned hot so I gave up and went
back home. There's a White Castle near Woodcraft next time you're here.
Go East on Olive to 270, take it North to Dorsett East, White Castle is a
few blocks down on the north side.