Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Long term gasoline storage

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a large gasoline tank, enough for two or more
years of use. Looking at the stabil product, they claim increasing fuel
life (in an engine) to 15 months.

Are there other things to increase fuel life? For example, will storage at
a constant 45 degrees help? What problems will old fuel cause?

Karl

I think there is a limit regarding storage and a step up in regulations.
Something like 500 gallons takes minimal precautions etc. Never really
thought about it, but I know a lot of the farmers in the midwest have a 500
gallon tank for their tractor(s), and I think most of them used to just sit
on stands. Been a while and I never really asked.