Posted to rec.woodworking
blueman blueman is offline

Default Jointing or Biscuits - How to dry out biscuits...

Tom Watson writes:
I keep my unused plates in a container with several SilicaGel bags
that help keep the moisture content down to less than 4%. I also
throw in a cheap hygrometer ($6.00) to make sure that moisture is not
an issue.

Your friend is right about tapping the plates in; they are no good if
they need more than a gentle push to insert them.

Lamello used to have standards on their website to let you know if the
biscuits had gone out of spec.

Although I keep my PC biscuits in a zip-locked bag, I'm concerned that
over the years they may have absorbed some moisture.

Is there any fast/easy/cheap way of drying them out such as baking in
an overn or microwave?

Thanks